Users Online: 551 
Webportal.com.my - Malaysian Forum Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

looking for professional care

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
kylieallison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kylieallison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: looking for professional care
    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 10:12am
hi all.. 

I am looking for a professional that can help my grandfather gains his strenghth to carry on with daily life. In Short, to help him improve his quality of life.

He was suffering from a parkinson's problem. He changes and locks himself alone inside his room. He does not want to do any activity that has always been done before. 
No one can replace her
chucheongfan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chucheongfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 10:15am
I think you should find a physiotherapist who can convince your grandfather. Parkinson patients have to do more ongoing aerobic exercise, don't let his disease become more serious.  
planetuntiil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planetuntiil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 11:36am
Agree. TS need to find a physiotherapist that is more proficient on handling parkinson patients. Government/private hospital should have a few nurses that can help TS. Maybe can focus on one thing at a time. Lessen the parkinson effect, only then improve daily life activities

Edited by planetuntiil - 31 Dec 2018 at 11:37am
migujem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote migujem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 11:45am
Often heard of these depressed cases. My uncle succumb to depression after he had his 2nd stroke. Us family was fortunate to have the time to take care of him. It is very important for these patients to be stable mentally and emotionally. 
planetuntiil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planetuntiil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by migujem migujem wrote:

Often heard of these depressed cases. My uncle succumb to depression after he had his 2nd stroke. Us family was fortunate to have the time to take care of him. It is very important for these patients to be stable mentally and emotionally. 

Didn't think that parkinson can worsen. But logically speaking it is very possible for someone to fall into depression after experiencing a series of failure attempts on normal everyday activities. If so, one must make sure that the patient knows he is loved and have support from his or her loved ones. Don't send him elsewhere where he could feel lonely even if he's not alone. Because in reality, that's what happened in society nowadays Unhappy
sony_brovep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sony_brovep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 6:04pm
I remembered when my grandpa was a Parkinson patient. He had trouble doing almost everything including chewing and swallowing his saliva and we surely don't leave him alone. There are a few tips and tricks to ease parkinson patient daily activities online, do check those out. If necessary, hire a helper that have adequate background knowledge on the disease 
migujem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote migujem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by sony_brovep sony_brovep wrote:

I remembered when my grandpa was a Parkinson patient. He had trouble doing almost everything including chewing and swallowing his saliva and we surely don't leave him alone. There are a few tips and tricks to ease parkinson patient daily activities online, do check those out. If necessary, hire a helper that have adequate background knowledge on the disease 

it is important to educate ourselves and the people surrounding him... I'd say hiring a caretaker is a good move... 
chucheongfan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chucheongfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 2:31pm
Here is what i found https://www.caregiverasia.com/ inside i think got the services you want, they have provided home visit services. you can have a look
yanyan88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yanyan88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by kylieallison kylieallison wrote:

hi all.. 

I am looking for a professional that can help my grandfather gains his strenghth to carry on with daily life. In Short, to help him improve his quality of life.

He was suffering from a parkinson's problem. He changes and locks himself alone inside his room. He does not want to do any activity that has always been done before. 

You make me remember that last time my father-in-law was the same, but in contrast, he is more optimistic to face it because of the support and concern of family.
didicempaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote didicempaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by chucheongfan chucheongfan wrote:

Here is what i found  https://www.caregiverasia.com/ - https://www.caregiverasia.com/ inside i think got the services you want, they have provided home visit services. you can have a look
ive heard about caregiverasia before. last time my sister hired their service for a babysitter. never knew they serve senior citizens too..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic