Print Page | Close Window

looking for professional care

Printed From: Webportal.com.my - Malaysian Forum
Category: Generally Malaysian
Forum Name: Health & Living
Forum Description: General health & living issues for the General Malaysian. Topics can range from Health advise, marrige councelling, sex education & advise, and etc
URL: http://www.webportal.com.my/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=403
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2019 at 1:59pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: looking for professional care
Posted By: kylieallison
Subject: looking for professional care
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 10:12am
hi all.. 

I am looking for a professional that can help my grandfather gains his strenghth to carry on with daily life. In Short, to help him improve his quality of life.
 
He was suffering from a parkinson's problem. He changes and locks himself alone inside his room. He does not want to do any activity that has always been done before. 


-------------
No one can replace her



Replies:
Posted By: chucheongfan
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 10:15am
I think you should find a physiotherapist who can convince your grandfather. Parkinson patients have to do more ongoing aerobic exercise, don't let his disease become more serious.  


Posted By: planetuntiil
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 11:36am
Agree. TS need to find a physiotherapist that is more proficient on handling parkinson patients. Government/private hospital should have a few nurses that can help TS. Maybe can focus on one thing at a time. Lessen the parkinson effect, only then improve daily life activities


Posted By: migujem
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 11:45am
Often heard of these depressed cases. My uncle succumb to depression after he had his 2nd stroke. Us family was fortunate to have the time to take care of him. It is very important for these patients to be stable mentally and emotionally. 


Posted By: planetuntiil
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by migujem migujem wrote:

Often heard of these depressed cases. My uncle succumb to depression after he had his 2nd stroke. Us family was fortunate to have the time to take care of him. It is very important for these patients to be stable mentally and emotionally. 


Didn't think that parkinson can worsen. But logically speaking it is very possible for someone to fall into depression after experiencing a series of failure attempts on normal everyday activities. If so, one must make sure that the patient knows he is loved and have support from his or her loved ones. Don't send him elsewhere where he could feel lonely even if he's not alone. Because in reality, that's what happened in society nowadays Unhappy


Posted By: sony_brovep
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 6:04pm
I remembered when my grandpa was a Parkinson patient. He had trouble doing almost everything including chewing and swallowing his saliva and we surely don't leave him alone. There are a few tips and tricks to ease parkinson patient daily activities online, do check those out. If necessary, hire a helper that have adequate background knowledge on the disease 


Posted By: migujem
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by sony_brovep sony_brovep wrote:

I remembered when my grandpa was a Parkinson patient. He had trouble doing almost everything including chewing and swallowing his saliva and we surely don't leave him alone. There are a few tips and tricks to ease parkinson patient daily activities online, do check those out. If necessary, hire a helper that have adequate background knowledge on the disease 

it is important to educate ourselves and the people surrounding him... I'd say hiring a caretaker is a good move... 


Posted By: chucheongfan
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 2:31pm
Here is what i found  https://www.caregiverasia.com/" rel="nofollow - https://www.caregiverasia.com/ inside i think got the services you want, they have provided home visit services. you can have a look


Posted By: yanyan88
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by kylieallison kylieallison wrote:

hi all.. 

I am looking for a professional that can help my grandfather gains his strenghth to carry on with daily life. In Short, to help him improve his quality of life.
 
He was suffering from a parkinson's problem. He changes and locks himself alone inside his room. He does not want to do any activity that has always been done before. 

You make me remember that last time my father-in-law was the same, but in contrast, he is more optimistic to face it because of the support and concern of family.


Posted By: didicempaka
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by chucheongfan chucheongfan wrote:

Here is what i found  https://www.caregiverasia.com/ - https://www.caregiverasia.com/ inside i think got the services you want, they have provided home visit services. you can have a look
ive heard about caregiverasia before. last time my sister hired their service for a babysitter. never knew they serve senior citizens too..


Posted By: amigobro
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by didicempaka didicempaka wrote:

ive heard about caregiverasia before. last time my sister hired their service for a babysitter. never knew they serve senior citizens too..

Yeah they have alot of services that they provide. Babysitting, care companion, home nursing, confinements, and others more. It is really convenient for us when this kind of platform exist.


Posted By: sony_brovep
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 6:14pm
Caregiver... heard of it never tried them, but always on my bookmark list... We never know what will happen... If I need extra hand in taking care of my family members.... i know where to find


Posted By: chucheongfan
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 11:33am
Originally posted by amigobro amigobro wrote:

Originally posted by didicempaka didicempaka wrote:

ive heard about caregiverasia before. last time my sister hired their service for a babysitter. never knew they serve senior citizens too..

Yeah they have alot of services that they provide. Babysitting, care companion, home nursing, confinements, and others more. It is really convenient for us when this kind of platform exist.

That is why i suggested this platform, somemore is its flexible because there allow customers to choose when and what time they need the services. 


Posted By: gongzaimee
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 9:37am
My father got the Parkinson disease also, but what we did were hiring a professional nurse to treatment my father's disease, however parkinson disease is difficult to completely recover but can control symptoms so i suggest u early hire a professional nurse.


Posted By: kylieallison
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 11:27am
Originally posted by chucheongfan chucheongfan wrote:

I think you should find a physiotherapist who can convince your grandfather. Parkinson patients have to do more ongoing aerobic exercise, don't let his disease become more serious.  

I also think the same thing as you. He need his own physiotherapist who can come to our house and help him. Now, his condition getting worst as he struggles in moving around even he cannot hold his coffee cup neatly. I'm pity on him :( 


-------------
No one can replace her


Posted By: kylieallison
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 11:28am
Originally posted by chucheongfan chucheongfan wrote:

Here is what i found  https://www.caregiverasia.com/ - https://www.caregiverasia.com/ inside i think got the services you want, they have provided home visit services. you can have a look

Caregiver?? Oh..I have never heard about caregiverAsia before.
Can you share your experience using service from caregiverAsia. What about the price offered?


-------------
No one can replace her


Posted By: kylieallison
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 11:29am
Originally posted by gongzaimee gongzaimee wrote:

My father got the Parkinson disease also, but what we did were hiring a professional nurse to treatment my father's disease, however parkinson disease is difficult to completely recover but can control symptoms so i suggest u early hire a professional nurse.

Yup, we also plan to hire a professional nurse. But we afraid if my grandfather dislike or cannot give any cooperation because.. yeah i know, he feel down with his condition and just keep lock himself inside his room only.. 


-------------
No one can replace her


Posted By: 2cent
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 2:36pm
Hi TS, I think your grandfather needs a pillar of support from physiotherapists and family. It is really important just to make sure your grandfather gain his speedy recovery. For examples, in Caregiver Asia website, they have advertisements about qualified physiotherapy who can come to your house and provide a great treatment for their patient.


Posted By: 2cent
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by kylieallison kylieallison wrote:

Originally posted by chucheongfan chucheongfan wrote:

Here is what i found  https://www.caregiverasia.com/ - https://www.caregiverasia.com/ inside i think got the services you want, they have provided home visit services. you can have a look

Caregiver?? Oh..I have never heard about caregiverAsia before.
Can you share your experience using service from caregiverAsia. What about the price offered?

Dont worry bout this.. The best about CaregiverAsia service is their rate very affordable. Besides that, you can hire them by time that you choose only. Really flexible rite?


Posted By: amigobro
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by sony_brovep sony_brovep wrote:

Caregiver... heard of it never tried them, but always on my bookmark list... We never know what will happen... If I need extra hand in taking care of my family members.... i know where to find
You really should try caregiver services when you need one just in case. Highly recommended since their price rate are affordable and the quality of their service are really good.


Posted By: amigobro
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by kylieallison kylieallison wrote:

Caregiver?? Oh..I have never heard about caregiverAsia before.
Can you share your experience using service from caregiverAsia. What about the price offered?
Are you seriously never heard of caregiverasia before??? Nowadays you can look for any professional care like nursing or dementia care just through caregiverasia. The price is really reasonable. 


Posted By: birowo
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by amigobro amigobro wrote:

Are you seriously never heard of caregiverasia before??? Nowadays you can look for any professional care like nursing or dementia care just through caregiverasia. The price is really reasonable. 
yea i totally agree with you. it totally up to the careseeker to hire caregiver only when they need it. caregivers are really flexible.


Posted By: didicempaka
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by amigobro amigobro wrote:

Yeah they have alot of services that they provide. Babysitting, care companion, home nursing, confinements, and others more. It is really convenient for us when this kind of platform exist.
wow i never knew there are so many services provided by them. i thought just babysitting and care companion only. nice to know.


Posted By: MiranaDota
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by chucheongfan chucheongfan wrote:

I think you should find a physiotherapist who can convince your grandfather. Parkinson patients have to do more ongoing aerobic exercise, don't let his disease become more serious.  
i never physio therapy helps cure parkinson too. isnt physiotherapy cost alot?


Posted By: MiranaDota
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by 2cent 2cent wrote:

Hi TS, I think your grandfather needs a pillar of support from physiotherapists and family. It is really important just to make sure your grandfather gain his speedy recovery. For examples, in Caregiver Asia website, they have advertisements about qualified physiotherapy who can come to your house and provide a great treatment for their patient.
woah. called physiotherapist to house for physio. how many session do they provides? i bet it going to be hella expensive.


Posted By: tcandy
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by amigobro amigobro wrote:

Are you seriously never heard of caregiverasia before??? Nowadays you can look for any professional care like nursing or dementia care just through caregiverasia. The price is really reasonable. 

Haha.. me tooooo... never heard about caregiver Asia but then i've google it after many of u mention about it . By the way, hope TS can get the best service from Caregivers. Get well soon TS' grandfather :)



Posted By: amigobro
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by tcandy tcandy wrote:

Haha.. me tooooo... never heard about caregiver Asia but then i've google it after many of u mention about it . By the way, hope TS can get the best service from Caregivers. Get well soon TS' grandfather :)

Actually caregiverasia have been existed for quite sometime now. Im not sure why still plenty of people havent heard of it before. This kind of platform should really be aware by many because its really convenient. 


Posted By: birowo
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by MiranaDota MiranaDota wrote:

woah. called physiotherapist to house for physio. how many session do they provides? i bet it going to be hella expensive.
like ive said before. how many session or how many hours its totally up to the careseeker. about the price, if its for the best dont you think it worth to pay a little bit more? but luckily the price rate of hiring caregiver are really affordable enough.


Posted By: tcandy
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by amigobro amigobro wrote:

Actually caregiverasia have been existed for quite sometime now. Im not sure why still plenty of people havent heard of it before. This kind of platform should really be aware by many because its really convenient. 

I see.. have you been try their service before this?  Seem like u very familiar with caregiverAsia.. hehee  



Posted By: tcandy
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by birowo birowo wrote:

like ive said before. how many session or how many hours its totally up to the careseeker. about the price, if its for the best dont you think it worth to pay a little bit more? but luckily the price rate of hiring caregiver are really affordable enough.

Means, we just pay not for the whole month?? Woahhh, so i can hire them just for 3 days a week? Coz if we hire a nurse from private hospital, we must pay their monthly bill. It cost a fortune. 


Posted By: migujem
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by sony_brovep sony_brovep wrote:

Caregiver... heard of it never tried them, but always on my bookmark list... We never know what will happen... If I need extra hand in taking care of my family members.... i know where to find

I might try myself too.... turns out many of my neighbours have heard/ know someone used this service.  I guess I'm abit late on the wagon. well, better late than sorry. right? 


Posted By: sony_brovep
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 4:09pm
The first time i heard the service is through my neighbour. He had a surgery for his slip-disc and needed extra help to move around. So he hired a male nurse. And it is not easy to find a good male nurse as a parttimer.


Posted By: vicobing
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 4:27pm
Saw the website. I think it nice to be able to choose your own caregiver based on personality and background education rather than the company sending random nurse. it is trustworthy and dependable, based from those around me who have tried. 


Posted By: kylieallison
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by tcandy tcandy wrote:

Means, we just pay not for the whole month?? Woahhh, so i can hire them just for 3 days a week? Coz if we hire a nurse from private hospital, we must pay their monthly bill. It cost a fortune. 

Yup.. first time, i feel doubt about the service but after i made some survey.. I strongly want to give a try their service. Its really easy for me as u just click the website, book the person will handle my grandfather. The amazing one is their rate/charge very affordable. I just book for 4 days a week only. hehe 



-------------
No one can replace her


Posted By: yoyo44
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 4:40pm

I am glad i heard of this platform prior to my operation. Contacted them just 2 weeks before operation date and they manage to recommend me a number of great nurses. Met with a few and decided on one. Great experience will surely contact them again when necessary.



Posted By: kylieallison
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 4:42pm
Hi all.. 

Thank you bcause shared to me about caregiver Asia. I've deal with a great nurse there and book her service. Luckily, she has a lotttttts of experienced in handling parkinson patient. Yup, their service very reasonable. So, why not i give a try rite? 


-------------
No one can replace her


Posted By: jojomojo
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by yoyo44 yoyo44 wrote:

I am glad i heard of this platform prior to my operation. Contacted them just 2 weeks before operation date and they manage to recommend me a number of great nurses. Met with a few and decided on one. Great experience will surely contact them again when necessary.



Hey,, want to know what makes any of this and similar services been rated good? 



Posted By: yoyo44
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by jojomojo jojomojo wrote:

Hey,, want to know what makes any of this and similar services been rated good? 

Thats easy. Your body feels better, your emotions at ease and your wallet is in good shape Wink. For me those are the reasons why I choose Caregiver 




Posted By: TrinnyTrin
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 2:46am
Originally posted by jojomojo jojomojo wrote:

Hey,, want to know what makes any of this and similar services been rated good? 


Well at Caregiverasia you are guaranteed to get the best possible service being offered to you as all their freelancers had adequate knowledge and experience in the related field so you dont need worry about it too much, 100% trustable.


Posted By: TrinnyTrin
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 2:49am
Originally posted by kylieallison kylieallison wrote:

Hi all.. 

Thank you bcause shared to me about caregiver Asia. I've deal with a great nurse there and book her service. Luckily, she has a lotttttts of experienced in handling parkinson patient. Yup, their service very reasonable. So, why not i give a try rite? 

Yeah no harm in giving their service a try to see for yourself the quality of services that they provide. You can also promote to your friends or relatives who are in need of such services since they do provide various services ranging from taking care of little kids, pregnant woman, senior citizens, patients and much more.



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net