Print Page | Close Window

engine oil

Printed From: Webportal.com.my - Malaysian Forum
Category: Sports, Hobbies & Interests
Forum Name: Auto-Sports / Car Kaki
Forum Description: Modifications, driving & maintenance techniques, upkeeping, car reviews, performance engines...
URL: http://www.webportal.com.my/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=360
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 8:56pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: engine oil
Posted By: Infernoid
Subject: engine oil
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 8:43am
Hi there, lets talk about engine oil...
which engine oil do you all using now for you loved vehicle?

Replies:
Posted By: Certystese
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 8:59am
my vehicle myvi, still using 5w30, any recommendation of engine oil?
i heard ppl say shell engine oil are good, anyone using that brand of engine oil?

Posted By: cuckoo
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 4:15pm
the best 1 of cos Petronas and shell. I ask my friends, most of them using shell.

Posted By: JimatAhmad
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 9:26pm
Not only the brand important, the selection of range also will impact the car performance...
Previously was using wrong range on 5W-40 on Myvi so i feel not really perform...

Posted By: Markool
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 9:30pm
What is the different between 5w20 and 5w30 and so on?
I just simply buy shell engine oil but without seeing their range... 
Will damage my car?

Posted By: Tereece_Mui
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Certystese Certystese wrote:

my vehicle myvi, still using 5w30, any recommendation of engine oil?
i heard ppl say shell engine oil are good, anyone using that brand of engine oil?

I can suggest you the shell helix ultra, it can give your car engine an excellent protection from wear. So, the engine wont damage easily, before that i was irritating what product to choose as my engine was easily damage, now it was less problem after my husband try this product.

Posted By: GaryChou
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 11:29am
Hahah same ques here! very confuse bout number on bottle.do not trust salesman, they only want profit meyh. means if the number increases so price also high?

Posted By: jason9565
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 11:02pm
Hi there, im currently having a myvi 1.3 im using castrol engine oil 5w-30. quite ok for me but im still finding something which is better and cheaper....... any recommendation guys?

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 11:34pm
My friend just introduce Shell Helix for me and read their benefit and performance...
it quite interesting and it bring the confident to me... i should give it a try...LOL

Posted By: luffymonkeyD
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:14am
i am currently driving a myvi and im using engine oil from castrol.It seem to me that it is quite satisfying and the price for me is consider reasonable. You can consider about using this brand. 

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:18am
I have another vehicle which is proton Inspira the other day there was a promoter recommended me to try out shell helix engine oil and it turned out to be quite nice as well

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:24am
i am driving myvi now and i chose to use Castrol GTX Ultraclean 5w-30 since it states that it is specially created to prevent the harmful build up of sludge.It reduce oil deposits and provide protection for our engine. But i guess there will be some other engine oil that is more superior and not so costly when compare to this

Posted By: Amalia
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 9:46am
xWy are multiweight oil.

w(stands for winter)

x = highest viscosity rating when in cold conditions
y = weight of oil when warmed up in the engine

5w20 = 5 winter rating when cold and design to lubricate approximately like a 20 weight oil when hot.

Posted By: lisalee
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by luffymonkeyD luffymonkeyD wrote:

I have another vehicle which is proton Inspira the other day there was a promoter recommended me to try out shell helix engine oil and it turned out to be quite nice as well

Do you mind to share which type of shell helix engine oil did the promoter recommended you? because i know that are many products under shell helix series. so, i not sure whether which type suitable for my car.

Posted By: Markool
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 8:39am
The coming shell helix doing some promotion coming next week if not mistaken... 
because the petrol station worker told me this... 
affordable and strong company background i think no harm trying since their petroleum also no bad...

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 8:40am
Every salesman definitely supporting their own brand as they will get commission once they sold the product... for sure if we not from car technician background sure listen to them, no choice we do not have such knowledge 

Posted By: BillionStud
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 8:12am
yea, i went to workshop, they all using shell engine oil too, more of foreman suggest to use shell too, able to see shell are good confident for consumer 

Posted By: BillionStud
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 8:24am
Originally posted by JimatAhmad JimatAhmad wrote:

Every salesman definitely supporting their own brand as they will get commission once they sold the product... for sure if we not from car technician background sure listen to them, no choice we do not have such knowledge 

agree with that, i always ask for car technical knowledge from the workshop that i always bring to service my car, built a trust with them, or survey few workshop for those engine oil will do too

Posted By: Infernoid
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Tereece_Mui Tereece_Mui wrote:

I can suggest you the shell helix ultra, it can give your car engine an excellent protection from wear. So, the engine wont damage easily, before that i was irritating what product to choose as my engine was easily damage, now it was less problem after my husband try this product.
more protection to engine is much better, im worry someday my engine broken, it will be lot of cost to repair the engine, as we drive the car daily, got to take into serious of engine protection, seem that helix ultra are good...

Posted By: preity
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:28am
Originally posted by cuckoo cuckoo wrote:

the best 1 of cos Petronas and shell. I ask my friends, most of them using shell.
i prefer shell also coz I always go outstation and sometimes quite far, what I can feel my engine heat not too hot and not having any prob for now, quite satisfied and will stick with shell as long as it protects my engine, not dare to try other brands.Other benefits i think it reduces oil consumption also.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net