Users Online: 982 
Webportal.com.my - Malaysian Forum Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to deal with dementia patient (my mom)?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
yoyo44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoyo44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by meena84 meena84 wrote:

Originally posted by meena84 meena84 wrote:

I have heard of such services been promoted online. But do caregiverasia provide similar service in Malaysia like they do in Singapore?  

Still waiting for this feedback.. anyone know? cos if I'm not mistaken the same company have affiliates with several institutions but not in Malaysia

Yes they also provide similar service in Malaysia but not many people knows about it since it is quite new over here, they also provide the same service in Taiwan and even in the US, so you can definitely check it out for yourself.
TrinnyTrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrinnyTrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by tung22 tung22 wrote:

Most of the nursery homes out there are operating with limited fundings that are usually being donated by the public or any private companies, their workers are also mostly volunteers that earn next to nothing by taking care of the old folks, sad to see those who are living in such poor conditions over there.

Of course there are private nursery homes that have better facilities but you gonna pay for it and its not gonna be cheap, rather just hire someone to take care of them at their own house as they would be much more comfortable, can easily find caretaker from Caregiverasia.
TrinnyTrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrinnyTrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by yoyo44 yoyo44 wrote:

I myself recently just hired a caretaker from Caregiverasia to look after my mum at home who is having some trouble walking on her own, the caretaker is very friendly and seems like she had much experience in taking care of old people, so I can just go to work everyday without worrying too much about my mum.

They also provide other types of services such as taking care of babies, pregnant woman and also patients, so if you need anything can just take a look at their website, the prices offered is reasonable too.
evans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 11:40pm
Of course there is. You can hire caretakers to come to your house instead of sending your parents to nursery homes where usually its badly conditioned. In your own home you can at least they are having good meals, comfortable and familiar environment. Its easier to monitor too if can install cctvs or anything
evans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 11:44pm
I just visited their website and in my opinion one of their best features is the review and recommendations of the caretakers from previous employers. They can rate the services given by individual caretakers, and this increases the trustability of the takers. Furthermore you can hire by hours which is usually what people would want because they just need to hire caretakers during office hours, not the whole day or month. I would definitely use their service if needed :)
Brolin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 2:10am
I agree it is a serious disease. However, I recommend, you hire a medical professional instead of a maid(who would not know what to do when things go south). Consult her doctor and make a decision based on the stage of dementia she is at.
- Solitary resilience
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic