Users Online: 1265 
Webportal.com.my - Malaysian Forum Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

engine oil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
luffymonkeyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luffymonkeyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:18am
I have another vehicle which is proton Inspira the other day there was a promoter recommended me to try out shell helix engine oil and it turned out to be quite nice as well
luffymonkeyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luffymonkeyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:24am
i am driving myvi now and i chose to use Castrol GTX Ultraclean 5w-30 since it states that it is specially created to prevent the harmful build up of sludge.It reduce oil deposits and provide protection for our engine. But i guess there will be some other engine oil that is more superior and not so costly when compare to this
Amalia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 9:46am
xWy are multiweight oil.

w(stands for winter)

x = highest viscosity rating when in cold conditions
y = weight of oil when warmed up in the engine

5w20 = 5 winter rating when cold and design to lubricate approximately like a 20 weight oil when hot.
lisalee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisalee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by luffymonkeyD luffymonkeyD wrote:

I have another vehicle which is proton Inspira the other day there was a promoter recommended me to try out shell helix engine oil and it turned out to be quite nice as well

Do you mind to share which type of shell helix engine oil did the promoter recommended you? because i know that are many products under shell helix series. so, i not sure whether which type suitable for my car.
Markool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 8:39am
The coming shell helix doing some promotion coming next week if not mistaken... 
because the petrol station worker told me this... 
affordable and strong company background i think no harm trying since their petroleum also no bad...
JimatAhmad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimatAhmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 8:40am
Every salesman definitely supporting their own brand as they will get commission once they sold the product... for sure if we not from car technician background sure listen to them, no choice we do not have such knowledge 
BillionStud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillionStud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 8:12am
yea, i went to workshop, they all using shell engine oil too, more of foreman suggest to use shell too, able to see shell are good confident for consumer 
BillionStud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillionStud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 8:24am
Originally posted by JimatAhmad JimatAhmad wrote:

Every salesman definitely supporting their own brand as they will get commission once they sold the product... for sure if we not from car technician background sure listen to them, no choice we do not have such knowledge 

agree with that, i always ask for car technical knowledge from the workshop that i always bring to service my car, built a trust with them, or survey few workshop for those engine oil will do too
Infernoid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Infernoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Tereece_Mui Tereece_Mui wrote:

I can suggest you the shell helix ultra, it can give your car engine an excellent protection from wear. So, the engine wont damage easily, before that i was irritating what product to choose as my engine was easily damage, now it was less problem after my husband try this product.
more protection to engine is much better, im worry someday my engine broken, it will be lot of cost to repair the engine, as we drive the car daily, got to take into serious of engine protection, seem that helix ultra are good...
preity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:28am
Originally posted by cuckoo cuckoo wrote:

the best 1 of cos Petronas and shell. I ask my friends, most of them using shell.
i prefer shell also coz I always go outstation and sometimes quite far, what I can feel my engine heat not too hot and not having any prob for now, quite satisfied and will stick with shell as long as it protects my engine, not dare to try other brands.Other benefits i think it reduces oil consumption also.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic